Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"hiking" Mt olympus.

Yesterday for labor day Drew, Lillie, Logan, Sadie and I had the bright idea of going on a hike(Saige was with grandma and poppa in Cedar City). So Drew looked into several hikes and we decided on the 7 mile hike up Mt. Olympus. The page explaining the hike said it was easy, virtually anyone could do it. So we headed out to accomplish it. Well... this being really, my first hike and without proper shoes (all drew and I had were skate shoes) I am proud to say we made it about a mile in and decided turn around and go swimming instead! haha Hey! I just had a kid a month ago k. Drew and Logan tease me that we didn't hike mt. olympus we hiked to the foot of mt. olympus. ya.. next time! It was way fun though and I seriously want to tackle this mountain before the season ends. The view, even from where we stopped was awesome. One of the great things about Utah is the outdoor activities. I wanna make hiking a sport I get into.. Here are some pics documenting our hike. :) The 5 of us.. The view from our ending point..

Lillie thought the hike was pretty hard too...

Drew and I...

5 comments:

carolee said...

Seriously Leah, you're hiking! You just had a baby, like yesterday! Way to go girl!

Unknown said...

I cant believe you would even think of taking a hike. I guess I just use having a baby as an excuse. haha ; ) I still tell people I just had a baby and scotty is 18 months old! ; ) Go Leah! Maybe you will now motivate me to get up off my butt!!

Candi said...

wow! congratulations for going as far as you did. That awesome!

Jenny Stoker said...

Hey atleast you hiked! I am not a hiker! So I give you props for even trying!!

Lauren said...

I know isn't it so true! I don't care at all if you post it, go for it!!