Sunday, November 16, 2008

What I am thankful for..

Well seeing that its Sunday and I have some time to think being that Saige is still with grammie i thought i'd write the things I am more then thankful for. I've been praying so hard lately for different things and i've never in my life realized how much my Heavenly Father truely loves and listens to me. Prayer after prayer I have felt his power and love for me that it totally and completely took me by surprise. I am just so so grateful for our knowledge of the truth. I've never been a very spiritual person and I don't know why it feels so good to do good. I like the way it feels to know you are doing good and are in the comfort of Heavenly Fathers arms. Its so much easier. I'm so grateful for our Prophet that leads and guides us. It comforts me to know that even though the world looks dark and dreary that we can go to our homes and Temples to feel the spirit and be comforted. I think without our knowledge I would be so scared to live tomorrow. I'm thankful for my parents and their great example to their children. I know that with out my mommies sweet testimony, love and simple words and my daddys inconvenient prayers, faithful testimony and stern knowledge of the gospel I would not be where I am today. I am grateful for the gift of motherhood. Everyday when I look in my beautiful little girls eyes I am reminded of what I want to be for her. I am reminded of this precious gift Heavenly Father has given to Drew and I and how lucky I am to have an eternal family. I am so thankful for my loving and patient husband. I know that without a shadow of a doubt I could never have been with anyone else. I am humbled by his love of the gospel. He is such an example to me. He makes me want to be better everyday. I am grateful for my friends. I may not have many but the ones I do have are the best I could ever ask for. I am thankful for my in laws. They are great! They opened their family to me with out hesitation. Mom Whitehead is such an amazing women! Even with her neck broken she doesn't complain or hesitate to smile. Cant wait till next month! I am thankful for Heavenly Fathers tender mercies. So I know this is random and not put together in the most organized manor but these are the things I couldn't live without and thought i'd share.

5 comments:

~*Preece's Paradise*~ said...

Make me cry... But I sure loved reading that!! I love you and miss you tonz!!! You have to keep me posted on when you're coming out here and we have to get together at least once before you go back!! Love you!!=)

Erika Reyna and Kids said...

hey. I just wanted to ask you how do you put on the right hand side of your blog, when people update there own blog?
I don't know if that makes sense. I couldn't put it another way. haha

Kerri said...

Beautiful words from a beautiful girl, inside and out. Thanks for lifting me today!

Candi said...

aw leah that is so sweet and uplifting. I'm so happy that you are doing well and happy. Your little family is adorable. I miss seeing your face!

Launa said...

Very thoughtful! We are very blessed aren't we. You said a lot of wise and uplifting things. I too love many of the same things you do. Happy Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see you at Christmas time......Love Aunt Launa