Wednesday, October 28, 2009

toothpaste + saige = trouble

I had to write this before I forgot all about saiges cuteness or should I say terribleness. The other day I took saige to the dentist for the first time. She did...ok. She wouldn't open her mouth for x rays without alot of begging and pledding and promising all sorts of things. When she finally did she wouldn't bite on the thing far enough to get a good pic. Then when the dentist came in she freaked out! She loved the lady that helped but not so much the dentist. At the end though they gave her a bag of goodie (toothbrush and paste, a little flosser thing) and she got 2 stickers and 2 toys. Boy, was she in heaven or what. well the tooth paste had a little tag in the top when you remove the lid so you know it wasn't used so I totally thought saige would be ok with it at bed time keeping it on the back of her bed. Yes, saige has a little obsession with hording things on the back of her bed at night. Like I said before, she always has to have her cars and water but it grows almost everynight with the things she obsessed with that day. Like her cell phones, balls and like here everything she got from the dentist. Anyways, she had been in her room for probably a half hour or so when I hear her calling me from under her door, "momma! my hands!" so I drag my lazy butt off the couch to see what my little stink wants. I open the door (didn't turn on the light) and said "what??"

She replied "my hands are all yucky I need to clean them" I kept thinking on our way to the bath room dirty with what? buggies? When we were in the bathroom getting ready to wash them off I noticed a blue brown (dirty) film all over her hands. I asked her what it was and she said huh? (the typical answer from saige when she doesn't know how to answer) so I went to her room to see what was all over her hands. Well... I turn on the light and to my surprise I find toothpaste on EVERYTHING!!! Yes everything. The light switch, the floor, her bed, all three blankies (which got it the worst) and the wall. AHHH!! so I washed her hands, hid the toothpaste and put her to bed. Little stink! I'm just thankful it wasn't poo!

3 comments:

Candi said...

Gotta love the things kids get into. My two stinkers got into baby powder once. All over! not fun to clean since it gets in your lungs. ahhh!

Lauren said...

I'm glad it wasn't poop either! I've heard of that happening and I'm just praying Norah never does it!

Etsy.com is a website where people can buy and sell "all things handmade". Check it out. I stopped doing beanies and started doing headbands instead (soo much faster) but can make some for you if you want. I'm really not sure how much I'd sell them for, I have to research what the market is like :)

Lauren said...

Hey, I was thinking last night about how much crap I have to do and thinking I probably won't have time to make beanies this year.. but check Etsy, they have tonsss of really cute ones.